OPEN FOR THE FIRST TIME TO THE PUBLIC
Potager on Shale has lovingly been created in the potager style for both production and aesthetics. This garden demonstrates solutions for poor soil with 7 formal raised beds packed with edibles. It is surrounded by a flowering espaliered border, and dwarf fruit trees built up on mounds along with a separate orchard, featuring structures to raise the trees out of the rocky ground.
What can you see at this garden?
- Garden has been created in only 2 years
- Several varieties of finger lime and native raspberries
- Practical thinking for poor soil management
- Trellis’s and frames for netting used in the raised beds
- Lots of varieties of fruit trees other edibles in a small space
- Focus on keeping the garden visually pleasing as well as productive
- Easy street parking and access directly from road to garden
- Kitchen garden are is wheel chair friendly
- Optional access the orchard area – close but steep, uneven footing