OPEN FOR THE FIRST TIME TO THE PUBLIC
The Village Veggie Patch is a quaint suburban patch features a creative mix of repurposed materials in different garden rooms. Soil making, unique seed planting and square foot gardening methods create productive raised beds. A special hand built green house is among the creations of this character filled garden.
What can you see at this garden?
- Several structures in the garden all built by hand from recycled materials including, greenhouse, chook house, cubby, white picket fence, creative replica fireplace
- Raised vegetable/herb garden beds
- Passionate about seed saving and raising
- Unique seed planting using tool for rammed earth squares
- Use of square foot gardening method for planting edibles to maximise use of small space
- Companion planting and combining a mix of edibles in each raised bed
- Mix of new and established fruit trees
- Bamboo tepees
- Tropical garden room demonstrates planting for conditions in area identified as wetter – features ‘cubby in the rainforest’
- Loads of character
Location: Samford Village
Accessibility: Moderate (short but steep driveway). Parking along narrow street, but very close to main shopping precinct for overflow parking.